We believe that the events that young children experience in early life can influence the type of person they will become in the future. DCA believes that reality comes from fundamental fixed truths in God’s Word. Having that as our foundation, we use the Socratic method for teaching even in our preschool! We focus on giving students questions, not answer and model an inquiring, probing mind by continually asking questions about the subject or task at hand. We strive to make our classrooms warm environments that focus on learning through play and allowing for logical thinking. We focus on language and literacy, people and events in the community and the responsibility of caring for our environment.
Throughout our learning centers the children are encouraged to make decisions for themselves as well as to problem solve while engaged in different activities. We provide a program that is rich in activities, nurturing and fostering all areas of development. We are confident that you will find our staff friendly, open, honest and loving. In addition to the quality care your child receives in the classroom, we offer a program that allows you to communicate with your child’s teacher in real time. We will be able to send and receive messages, as well as pictures, activity descriptions and other notations.
Your satisfaction and the care of the children are very important to us, so please share ideas, comments, feedback and ask questions whenever you have them! Our door is open to all parents and we are happy to help!
- 7:30 – 9:00 – Arrival, Independent Play Activity Centers, Routines & Morning Snack
- 9:00 – 9:20 – Whole Group Activity
- 9:20 – 10:30 – Independent Play Activity Centers, Routines
- 10:45 – 11:45 – Outdoor Play
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Lunch
- 12:30 – 12:45 – Read Aloud
- 12:45 – 2:30 – Naptime
- 2:30 – 3:30 – Independent Play Activity Centers, Routines, Afternoon Snack
- 3:30 – 4:30 – Outdoor Play
- 4:30 – 4:45 – Whole Group Activity
- 4:45 – 6:00 Departure - Independent Play Activity Centers, Routine
Free Choice Activities Include: Art, Dramatic Play, Blocks, Manipulatives, Science & Math, Language & Literacy and Music Centers
Routines Include: Bathroom Visits & Handwashing