Statement of Faith
Denver Christian Academy was founded and functions upon the basic fundamental principles of the Word of God, and it espouses the historic Christian view of life as presented in the Bible. The following statements of faith and practice are held by DCA:
- We Believe in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit and that they are distinct personalities with distinct roles, but one God. And that One God is the Creator of the universe. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We Believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God in its entirety and that it does not contradict itself. It is our guide. (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We Believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Savior, the Son of God (John 10:33), who was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), died on a cross (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), and was raised from the grave (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4). He will return as our victorious Lord (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We Believe our salvation comes only through Jesus Christ and cannot be earned. It is a gift of God. (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
- We Believe the church, as the body of Christ, is the extension of Jesus Christ’s character, attitude, behavior, and mission in our world today. (Ephesians 1:22-23; 4:15-16).
- We Believe man was created in the image of God and that He gives gifts to both men and women through the Holy Spirit for the benefit of the church’s ministry. (Genesis 2:26-27; Ephesians 4:7-16; Colossians 1:18-20).
- We Believe everyone who accepts Christ has the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who acts as a Comforter, Guide, and Advocate. (Romans 8:12-14).